May 23, 2020
The Vampires Diaries - Special Edition
To the Vampires Community,
Our Club are working towards the recommencement of small outdoor group training as advised by AFLVic in their memo dated 16th May 2020, a copy of which can be found on our website www.govampires.com
Ground Access & Tenancy
It remains our policy that no formal training is permitted on Council grounds. Any contravention to this directive may result in the Club being fined by the Council and/or League,or further access restrictions put in place.
As part of the process to activate our tenancy for Return to Training (RTT) for 10 players or less, there are several guidelines and protocols that we need to follow as part of our application process. Please note, that following these directives does not guarantee that access will be provided.
COVID Safety Officer Appointment
Karen Bennett has been appointed as the East Brighton Vampires JFCCOVID-19 Safety Officer. Her email address is email@example.com should you have any questions.
Notification of Small Group Training (up to 10 people) Guidelines& Protocols
We are advising the membership of the following Guidelines &Protocols for Small Group Training (Up to 10 people)
- Clubs/teams are to strictly adhere to the maximum of 10 participants per group (not including Coach or minimum number of support staff)
- Groups of 10 must not mix with each other and must remain distant, participants are not allowed toswap between groups.
- Strictly no physical contact between players can occur (i.e. no tackling, no bumping, no marking contests etc.).
- Social distancing of 1.5m must be maintained at all times.
- It is a requirement that Players “get in, train, get out”. If a parent or caregiver must be present thenthey are to remain outside the boundary line and observe social distancing and we strongly recommend one (1) parent/caregiver only be present at training.
- There is No access to club rooms, changerooms or wet areas can occur, other than the public toilets.
- Footballs can be used for small outdoor group training, however only limited additional equipment is permitted to be used during training
- A log, or register of all participants in attendance at each training session MUST be maintained and available upon request by either theLeague, AFL Victoria or health authorities, participants will be ticked off the register upon arrival.
Notification of Hygiene Protocols for a Return to Small Outdoor Group Training
Advice to the membership of the following Guidelines & Protocols for a Return to Small Outdoor Group Training (Up to 10 people)
- If you, or anybody you have been in contact with are sick, DO NOT attend small outdoor group training and advise your football coach who is responsible for informing the COVID Safety Officer.
- Generally, you should be tested for COVID-19 if you develop fever or respiratory symptoms and meet at least one the following criteria: You have returned from overseas in the past 14 days, been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, travelled on a cruise ship (eitherpassenger or crew) in the 14 days before developing symptoms, are a healthcare, aged care or residential care worker, have lived in an area where there is a higher risk of community transmission, as defined by the local public health unit.
- Staggered training schedule (should our application be successful)
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for all team training sessions, with players encouraged to use prior, during and following training.
- There is strictly to be no sharing of personal items such as water bottles, food or towels. Personal items need to be easily distinguishable,labelled and kept separate.
- Players and coaches must not spit or clear nasal passages at small outdoor group training.
- No high fives, handshakes, or other physical contact.
- Changerooms, club rooms and wet areas are not to be utilised for small outdoor group training (i.e. players arrive at venue in football gear andmust shower at home).
- Club provided footballs must be wiped with antibacterial wipes or alcohol-based sanitiser prior to and after small outdoor group training sessions. The Club will provide these.
- Players are to be responsible for their own strapping if required.
- No player massages.
COVIDSafe App & Coronavirus Australia App
The Club encourages members of the Vampires community to download the Coronavirus Australia App and COVIDSafe App, both created by theAustralian Department of Health. They are both available on AppStore and Google Play Store.
We will advise the membership of the outcome of our application for Return to Training as soon as that is available.